Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Emily

What can I say. Emily is my child that charms me and also bring me to my knees in prayer. There are several issues in her life that God is using to bring me closer to Himself and to see how much I want things my way and in my timing. One of the biggest issues is potty training. Emily is refusing to poop in the potty. We have tried so many things to entice her towards pooping in the potty rather than her pants (or swimsuit). We have also taken things away. Things that I thought were very dear to her heart. She seems to adjust quite happily to the loss each time it happens and tells me very sweetly how she will get it back when she poops on the potty.
Today, I cleaned her up twice from a poopy accident. The second time that it happened, we were talking about her consequences. I listed all the things that she could not have until she started pooping in the potty...princess dresses, dress-up shoes, nightgowns, and sweets. She then looked up at me with her big brown eyes and said, "what about hugs?" I melted.

5 comments:

keri said...

i can SOOO relate. we have had lots of trouble with evan not pooping in the potty. lots of nasty accidents and nothing seemed to work. i think it just takes more time. hope it gets better for you!!! it is NOT FUN cleaning that up (we have thrown away many pairs of underwear b/c its not worth cleaning!!)

Design A-Peele said...

Oh those big brown eyes! They are too sweet. I will be praying for Emily and you. Love you!

Dani said...

Too sad:( I am praying.

Amber B. said...

You can't argue with that! She'll get it soon!

Meredith Houston Carr said...

Hey Claire! She sounds like a charmer :) I understand (some!) of the potty training thing--Adam and Leslie are having a time with Evi!! She will get this pitiful look on her face and say, "I need someone to teach me how to go poopy in the potty--I'm afraid!" I hope things get better soon!