Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Caroline

Friday was Caroline's 5th birthday. This has been a long awaited birthday for her and all day Friday she told everyone that she met, "I'm five".
Her day started with a breakfast of cinnamon rolls with pink icing and the kitchen decorated with princess decor. I like to spread the birthday fun all through the day, so she opened a couple of presents at breakfast with the promise of more to come throughout the day. She chose Chic-Fil-A for her birthday lunch. Then we came home for cake and ice cream. I thought that she would want a pink cake with pink frosting, but she informed me that she wanted chocolate cake and chocolate frosting with chocolate ice cream (a girl after my own heart). She wanted everything to be the color of Belle's hair (for those of you not up on your princesses, Belle is the princess from Beauty and the Beast). After cake and candles we got to the gifts. Wow, did her eyes light up with each one. Emily was also very helpful in welcoming each new gift. Now she really can't wait for her birthday!
Thanks to Gigi and Big Daddy and Mimi and Daddy Mac and all our aunts and uncles for really fun birthday gifts.
I can't believe that my first baby is 5 years old. The time has gone so fast. Thank you Jesus for entrusting this precious little life to us. Give us wisdom and grace to shepherd her well and to point her to dependence on You.

2 comments:

Design A-Peele said...

Happy Birthday Caroline! I can't believe she is soo big now! I am sad to not see her as often. I am so glad she had a great day. Tell her that aunt beth and uncle matt love her:)

Dani said...

So fun! Gald you all had such a special day. It is really so hard to believe it has been 5 years. I love that she wanted all food to match a hair color;) Any reason to justify eating chocolate is fine by me.