Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Caroline and God

On Saturday I was watching the news coverage on the Pope's visit to the United States. Caroline came into the room and started watching with me. When the Pope came on the screen she pointed to him and asked, "Is that God?"
I was so shocked. Being the good reformed Mom that I am, I quoted the Children's Catechism. "God is a spirit and has not a body like man." I also explained that the Pope was an important man in the Catholic church. I don't think that Caroline was all that impressed.

2 comments:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

We saw a nun being interviewed after shaking the pope's hand and she said it was the closest thing to touching Jesus! Maybe Caroline liked the "red shoes!"

April 23, 2008 7:19 PM