Monday, March 24, 2008

Authority

John was talking with Caroline and Emily tonight about authority, namely his authority over them.
John: Caroline, who has authority over this family?
Caroline: Mommy!
John: No, let's try again. Who has authority over this family?
Caroline: Umm, God!
John: Well, yes. Who has authority over Mommy?
Caroline: (Thinks for a few seconds) The Church.

I am glad to know that Caroline is comfortable with the Church's authority in our lives. I just need to talk more about Daddy's role as head of our family.

4 comments:

Dani said...

LOL! I love it! Well, maybe John should have her stand in her chair and repeat after him the things that he feels it is important for her to remember.

Jenn said...

Funny! I need to show that more often in our home too!

Design A-Peele said...

As a victim to this kind of treatment, I will say that it will scar your children for life and make them afraid of answering any questions in public...thankfully I got over it:)

Amber B. said...

Hilarious! Kids say the darndest things. :-)